We use our own cookies and third parties ones to offer our services and collect statistical data. If you continue browsing the internet you accept them. Cookies Policy


What does a foreign student need to rent a flat in Madrid?

What does a foreign student need to rent a flat in Madrid?

If you already have everything ready to come and study in Madrid, if you have already enrolled in a university, bought your flight ticket and feel the excitement of knowing that you are going to meet new friends and experience new cultures and a new language, now all you have to do is choose a student flat in Madrid.

Do you know what the requirements are for foreign students in Madrid to rent a flat? Our first advice is that you should do it from your city or country of origin and don't wait until you arrive in Madrid to find something. In our website you will find all the necessary information and all the details to make sure you are making the best decision.

Requirements for renting a student flat in Madrid

The requirements for studying in Madrid may vary depending on the student's nationality and the length of their stay for study purposes.

An obligatory requirement, if you come from a country outside the European Union, is to have a valid passport, a valid visa and the documents that accredit the reasons for the trip (letter of admission from the university and registration)

A valid passport means that it will not expire in the next few months and will be valid for the entire duration of the student's stay in Madrid; it will be the document that you will be asked to produce in order to carry out most of the procedures in Spain, and specifically to process the student visa, although this document will not be necessary if your stay in Madrid will be less than three months.

You should apply for your student visa through the Spanish consulate in your country with enough time to have it processed before you start your trip. If you land in Spain without this document, you will not be able to pass through customs and you will have to return to your country of origin to process it.

In some countries you will be asked for a certificate proving that you have already booked accommodation in Spain. If you have booked a place in one of our student flats in Madrid, you should ask us for this document by e-mail and we will send it to you as soon as possible.

Once you have arrived at your student flat in Madrid, you will have to apply for a student residence card. To do this you must make an appointment at the National Police Immigration Office. It is important that you know that in order to apply for the residence card you must also prove your address in Spain by means of the registration certificate.

What is the certificate of registration? In each city there is a register of inhabitants, called the “padrón” in Spanish. When you live in a city for 6 months or more, you should register on the city's census.

If after reading this article you still have doubts, from our student flats in Madrid we are at your disposal to answer any questions.

Welcome to Madrid!

15 APR 2020

I want to study a master in Madrid

Many international students choose Madrid to study for a Master's or postgraduate degree, as it provides them with an added and differential value in their professional career

10 APR 2020

University students choose the centre of Madrid to party

The center of Madrid is usually frequented by hundreds of university students, where they arrive every day to spend their leisure time after finishing university.

10 MAR 2020

Complete guide to do an erasmus in Madrid

The international exchange of university students is a very appealing offer for those who are looking for new and enriching experiences.